The Business Case for Executive Coaching
An executive’s ability to communicate strategic business objectives is critical to the success of an organization. Whether the goal is to accelerate growth, fuel innovation, manage transformational change, or create profitable client relationships, the business initiative is only as successful as the messages about it. Our executive coaching program helps executives fuse their business strategy with a powerful communications strategy. Executive coaching isn’t about fixing problems; it’s about enhancing performance through consistent, efficient communications with employees, teams, clients, boards, shareholders and influencers.
The Bates Communications Coaching Difference
At Bates Communications, we like to say our executive coaches are the leaders behind the leaders, partnering with executives to develop an exceptional level of skill, capability, and confidence. Coaches engage in a rigorous process of inquiry with clients to develop a true understanding of clients’ businesses, industry trends and specific challenges. Our coaches have in-depth business knowledge and understand the unique challenges of executives.
We work on real-world challenges and real-time projects on an executive’s calendar. While each leader is unique and each coaching program is customized, there are common threads in our coaching and development work:
The Executive Coaching Process
- Compatibility Match – We begin by performing a match analysis to partner each client with the right executive coach for their specific needs. Each of our coaches is certified in Bates Communications' processes and tools.
- Assessment and Goals - We perform a thorough analysis of the client’s strengths, needs and objectives through interviews, 360 feedback reports, a 40 Point Leadership Communications Assessment, and review of internal data. The coach and client work together to develop customized goals.
- Action Plan – Based on the assessment process, clients and coaches work together to develop an action plan with timelines and action steps. Measurements of success are established early on, to create accountability throughout the coaching process. The action plan is reviewed and approved by the client’s business sponsor.
- Coaching Program – Clients and coaches work together in 6 or 12 month formats. They meet monthly and stay in constant communication through phone and e-mail in-between meetings. We offer video conferencing as an option for clients with busy calendars. Clients may engage in videotaping and feedback sessions, and learn proprietary methods and tools such as the Audience Agenda System, Quick Prep Method, Template for Presenting to Decision Makers, Communications Diagnostic Tool, and others.
- Program Evaluation – To ensure results and lasting change, we evaluate outcomes at 30-day and 6-month periods following completion of the coaching program.
- Coaching Assurance – The optional “coaching assurance” program provides the client an opportunity to continue working with their coach to stay focused on high-priority development goals. While the meetings occur less frequently, the client has the opportunity to leverage the relationship they’ve built with the coach, and continue to access the knowledge the coach brings to real-time business challenges.